Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"Preventive Practices"

Blog #3 --"Words To Live By"
The old adage “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure” (Author Unknown)

Almost all medical practices are preventive. I have seen much in my life span and some Doctor’s are very sincere in helping one achieve optimum health. If I had to rate health practices on a scale from 1 thru 10. I would rate preventive practices on a scale of 9 because one needs to be fit to function in today’s society healthy.

Unfortunately I have tried to get a position in my health profession; however, since this wonderful year of 2008 I just can’t get ahead of the physical aliments of old age! So far I have been unable to get a job. No one wants to hire someone who sounds so sick over the telephone. But this is the card that has been dealt to me since I was in an auto accident.

I’m one to believe in prevent health care. I was taught to always brush my teeth twice a day and eat the right foods. My parents are firm believers one should see a Doctor annually once a year and see the Dentist twice a year to ward off any major health problems. Join a Gym and try to exercise at least two to three times a week. I already implement these health practices even though I don’t have health insurance.

The best thing one can do on a daily basis is to attempt too eat proper balance dietary nutrition and take vitamins. Get plenty of water and rest daily. Try to see a Doctor for regular check ups to ward off any condition early. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables and try not to over cook them. Stay away from these process foods and eat more fish. Exercise gives you a natural boost of energy and keeps the body toned. I have limited exercising since the car wreck but I still try to do stretches to keep my muscles for getting


There one thing that I almost forgot which is emotional health is just as important as your physical. Stress is a killer upon the body and can bring all kinds of illness. So my words of wisdom are walk slow, drink plenty of water, get satifactory rest and don't forget to Thank the Man Upstairs.




3 comments:

jennyluvstrucks said...

Looks like your already leaving a healthy life. Kudos!!! It's nice to hear that that people can follow through with their beliefs. I completely agree with you on the emotional stress issue. I think that is my owrst problem.

Kathleen Jenkins said...

Thanks for your reply.

If I had not taken care of myself and done my yearly check up I would not of found out about this abnormal spot on or in my lung. So hopefully I will be able to be ahead of whatever this is and survive!

I’m even trying to teach my children this philosophy about annual health check ups.
I do believe if you live in a negative environment it produces negativity. I’m trying to teach my children to live in a positive nature and think for themselves.

Jett said...

Sounds like you have the concept down. You see the doctor regularly, and you see the dentist twice a year. You eat right and stay active. Yes emotional stress plays a big part of it. If stress is not managed it can do real harm.