Friday, March 28, 2008

Cardiovascular Disease and Women

Blog 10
Is heart disease common in your family? What are some of the environmental, physical, cultural, socioeconomic , and educational factors that impact the prevalence of this disease?
Heart disease is very common in my family; because my father has already had a heart attack my mother has hypertension, also my brother has hypertension too. We just found out my oldest son has high blood pressure and the company in which he was trying to get hired won’t hire him till he get it under control. The Grandfather on my mother side died of an aorta aneurism by age 65 and my grandmother on my father side died of congestive heart failure by the age of 82. So I can say definitely yes that my family is prone to heart disease.
On the prevalence of this disease in my families history were not aware any problems till they were much older and the medical society started finding out the causes of this leading cause of death, which was especially true for the set of grandparents. My mother blood pressure was diagnosis by the time she was forty and she is dealing with it at this time.
Our social economical factors are the job force is finally is starting to look at employee’s from a different aspect if they are hiring person who are not fit to do the job, as well as health insurance companies. The nice part is for my son since the American Heart Association has made society aware of these issues, at their physical health before hiring has health my son to be aware that he has hypertension. Colleges studies just announced today on the NBC channel 5 news station that if one has a heart attack and they drive themselves or another drives them, they will a longer wait in the Emergency Room rather if they had arrived by an ambulance. Culturally our American society is changing rabidly learning not to eat out at fast foods and advocating exercise. Hopefully one-day women will not be on the leading list of heart disease!

No comments: